Saturday, September 11, 2010

Vacation Week is Over

My week of vacation is over, but I got a few pieces done in a few extra studio sessions.

I finished "Bird's Eye View of Tidal Pools" in needlefelt.  I'm torn on whether or not to wet-felt it.  I probably won't, as I like it the way it is now and am not sure how it would alter.

I started and finished "Roses at the Light", and am pleased with it as I was experimenting with various aspects of it.

And then tried a piece called "Winter Departs" with mixed wool and silk.

My sister joined me and made a gorgeous fossil coral and copper crystal necklace, bracelet, and earrings on copper.

Lunched with Colene, Michelle, Valarie and Elton and admired the shibori in progress.  Am looking forward to playing with them now and then, torturing silk and cotton with dyes and string and bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment