Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stitchin' (and bitchin')

I managed to get the temperature at the studio down from 100+ to a "comfortable" 85 so that I could work on Grand Canyon Sunset these past weeks.  Working on felt in these temperatures is not always pleasant!

So I've been stitching and stitching and stitching the past weekends, and it's starting to look like I've actually been working on this project!  :)  Size 30 and 40 thread gives lovely detail, but it's tediously slow.  It was much faster with the size 12 turquoise thread in the waterfall.  Even so, I suspect this piece will take at least my lifetime.






My sister came down to work on her jewelry (actually to shop my beads is more like it!).  It was nice to have the company.  She has a show coming up in the fall, and she'll have her things at the Saxonville Studios Open Studios event - save the dates for either November 12th or 13th.  This year, instead of having educational displays up, folks are going to see my "real" studio - a working studio.  Hope to see yout there.

Also, one last bit of news:  Julia Spitz is going to be doing a "What's Your Talent" series in August, and I will be one of the featured people.  I believe it will run in the "A" section of the MetroWest Daily News.  I'll post the publication date when I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment