Friday, February 19, 2010

My Sister Clootie Tree

A fiber friend of mine is creating a Clootie Tree-- a wish tree, and I thought it was such a great idea that I'd do one in my yard, also... a sister tree to Aileen's in Scotland.  I am making ribbons for hers, and she is making ribbons for mine.  My Clootie Tree will be in my front yard, near a sidewalk.  I'm hoping that pedestrians will catch the idea and make ribbons for it, also.

If you'd like to make a ribbon, please email me!

Wish Tree is an individual tree, usually distinguished by species, position or appearance, which is used as an object of wishes and offerings. Such trees are identified as possessing a special religious or spiritual value. By tradition, believers make votive offerings in order to gain fulfillment of a wish.



No comments:

Post a Comment